At Brown & Brown CPA, P.C. we assist our tax clients through efficient compliance and effective planning to help them realize substantial savings. We use a team approach and focus on timely communication to provide our clients with excellent service. Tax partner and specialist involvement ensure that our clients receive the most experienced technical expertise we have to offer.
We help you take advantage of the complex and constantly changing tax regulations to minimize your business and personal tax liability. Accurate tax returns and proper tax planning are the keys to financial success. We can provide these services:
- Income tax preparation for businesses and individuals
- Income tax planning for businesses and individuals
- Income tax planning for specific transactions
- Sales tax return preparation
- Business license preparation
- Property tax return preparation
- Representation before federal (IRS), state, and local taxing authorities
We offer the following tax services:
Federal, State, and International Business Tax Services
Tax Return Compliance
Preparation of federal, state, and international tax returns is the core of our tax services. High-levels of technical and industry-specific expertise allow our tax professionals to ensure our clients’ tax returns are prepared efficiently and timely.
We help businesses structure economic transactions in ways that minimize the tax impact by advising them on acquisitions, sales, and mergers.
Accounting Method Reviews
We review businesses’ tax accounting methodologies for proper accounting and accounting method strategies to maximize income tax benefits.
Transfer Pricing Studies
Our transfer pricing specialists can provide your business with consultations and studies to assist you with determining appropriate “arms’-length” pricing among related companies.
Research Credit Calculations
We can help your business determine if it is eligible to claim certain federal and state research credits, assist with the documentation requirements, and quantify the amount of the tax credit.
Real Estate Cost Segregation Studies
At Brown & Brown CPA, P.C. we have proven cost segregation strategies that can be used to accelerate real estate tax depreciation deductions for businesses. This results in a deferral of taxes which in turn increases cash flow.
Cost segregation works by separating the costs of property from the building, land acquisition, or construction costs. This benefits your business because the property has a shorter useful life for depreciation purposes when it stands on its own than when it is combined with the longer-lived building or land.
There are certain limitations surrounding cost segregation. It can only be performed on buildings constructed, acquired, enhanced, or expanded in 1986 or later. Additionally, certain industries tend to have buildings with the most potential for tax deferral and improved cash flows. These industries include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Auto dealerships
- Hospitals and medical facilities
- Industrial facilities
- Manufacturing facilities
- Office buildings
- Retail stores and shopping centers
- Apartment or condominium complexes
- Supermarkets and restaurants
Audit & Appeal Representation
We possess the expertise and experience to represent taxpayers before tax authorities. Our tax professionals understand the dispute resolution and appeals process and work diligently to obtain you the most favorable results.
International Tax Assistance
Business is becoming increasingly international. More companies than ever deal with foreign tax issues at some level and this will only increase with continued globalization. At Brown & Brown CPA, P.C. we can help you navigate the complexities of a variety of international tax planning issues including the following:
- Choosing the most advantageous type of entity and corporate structure
- Subpart F income determinations
- Foreign tax credit utilization
- Using IC-DISC for tax reduction
- Transfer pricing
- Foreign earnings repatriation
- Foreign withholding and reporting obligations
- Treaty interpretation
State and Local Tax Specific Services
Nexus Consulting and State Tax Liability Analysis
We can help you understand and navigate where your business is required to file and pay state and local taxes based on multistate activities. Additionally, we will make recommendations on where to file and quantify potential tax liabilities associated with various state and local jurisdictions.
Sales and Use Tax Determination
We can assist you understand the sales and use tax consequences of specific transactions and ensure you meet any filing requirement.
Tax Planning Services
Federal Income Tax Planning
We aid businesses with all aspects of federal income tax planning. This includes implementing federal income tax strategies that maximize savings, increase profits, and manage cash flows.
State and Local Tax Planning
Our team understands the structural and transactional underpinnings of state and local regulations in ways that allow us to create solutions that mitigate tax liabilities. We provide state and local tax planning in the following areas:
- Income tax
- Franchise tax
- Sales and use tax
- Property tax
- Other miscellaneous taxes
Business Succession Tax Planning
You spent your life building your business and now you want to pass it on to the next generation or sell the value you built. We advise businesses on the proper succession planning to preserve your family and business legacy while also looking out for potential tax consequences that may result.
Other Tax Services
Accounting for Income Taxes
Financial accounting for income taxes can be complex. Our professionals have the technical skills and experience to help our clients navigate through these complex requirements and create efficient income tax accounting and reporting. We also help companies stay up-to-date with regulatory guidance and disclosure requirements. The services we offer allow our clients to minimize year-end surprises and reduce risk related to reporting. These services include:
- Calculation of tax provisions
- Account for uncertain tax positions
- Analyze current and deferred taxes
- Prepare financial statement footnote disclosures
We keep our clients up-to-date on the latest federal, state, and international tax issues through webinars, newsletters, website postings, and face-face to meetings. By staying ahead of tax issues and we can communicate how they will impact your operations quickly and address them in a timely manner.
Individual Tax Services
When it comes to individual taxes, change provides opportunity. We keep on top of these changes to provide you with the best advice and strategies, especially through planning opportunities. You can depend on us for objective guidance and personal attention. We believe in focusing on your long-term financial goals and steering your current needs in a direction to meet them.
Estate and Trust Tax Services
If you have not considered what will happen to your hard-earned assets as you age and eventually pass on you should. Without an estate plan, the wealth you worked your entire life to build will be distributed according to state law and not according to your wishes. Estate planning is crucial if you want to minimize taxes and distribute as much as possible to your preferred beneficiaries.
We will work with you to design an estate plan customized to your particular needs by utilizing a variety of planning vehicles such as family limited partnerships, trusts, and charitable entities. Our team can assist you by performing the following:
- Review wills and trust instruments.
- Estimate estate taxes and strategize alternatives that may provide tax savings.
- Review business issues including valuation and the transfer and/or disposition of business interests.
- Identify potential liquidity problems caused by federal and state estate taxes for the continued operation of the family business, probate, administration costs, etc.
- Develop a lifetime gifting program using vehicles such as family limited partnerships, charitable trusts, and qualified personal residence trusts
- Prepare estate, gift, fiduciary, and non-profit tax returns
- Advise you on the possible use of various trusts structures; including charitable remainder trusts, grantor annuity trusts, personal residence trusts, family partnerships, credit shelter trusts, marital deduction trusts, and revocable lifetime trusts.
Looking for a little information right now? View the latest Tax and Financial News article in our Newsletter.